More About...

Thursday 10 August 2006

So, I was in Nottingham this past week for a conference. This conference had about 1200 people...of every language you could look for in Western Europe and some others too. I loved walking through the groups of people and hearing Lithuanian, then German, then Greek, then French, then Dutch, then Spanish, then Portuguese, then British.. :-) and a bit of Northern Irish.

I salsa'd, disco'd, had a newcastle...well more than one.. you can't get that in Germany, I took a lot of notes-I think I type faster now than ever before, got told by a Greek that there must be something really wrong with me-because apparently I am very attractive so there is no reason that i am still single other than something being wrong with me...good grief! -What about God having perfect timing??? I walked up and down"THE DOWNS" multiple times-that is a really large area of grass that separates one side of the University of Nottingham from the other side, listened to a variety of speakers, got little sleep, met lots of new people-some fun, some frustrating, got better acquainted with some people I met earlier this year, ate a LOT of jacket potatoes, met with the Lord... It was eventful.

5 comments:

  1. Melissa, your doing such an awesome walk that i so admire with the Lord. im so happy to read your updates & what your up to over there. i miss ya a ton still & wanted to ask you to keep me in prayer because i entered some of my works at the local fair! results will be posted soon by me on my blog. love ya always & forever! GOD BLESS U 2!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was that supposed to be a pick-up line? Wow... I'm speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa your greek guy just inspired a whole entry in my blog. Thanks for the story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nate... nope not a pick up line. he was completely serious. Sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And the BAND PLAYED the day you were born! The ANGELS SANG when you were born again!
    Many women are wonderful but GOD is DOING GREAT THINGS IN YOU AND THROUGH YOU!
    HE holds the stars in His hands. He hurls the meteors at the right moments. He dumps the snow at HIS timing from His storehouses...and HE Has the BEST TIMING FOR EACH PERSON WHO IS WILLING TO WAIT AND LISTEN TO HIS VOICE. Be WILLING TO LOOK HIGH! Don't settle for something/ someone that is not GOD'S BEST FOR YOU! NO WASTING OF TIME WHEN IT IS GIVEN TO GOD!
    BE the Man/ the Woman GOD INTENDS so you will be at each corner where HE intends a meeting! LOVE and PRAYERS ALWAYS, MOM

    ReplyDelete