More About...

Sunday 15 May 2011

rest

The busyness of the city, the spiritual battle, the long days of ministry... if I don't rest as the Lord calls us to rest... I am not able to give the energy necessary for the work God has called us to here in Rome.  I am grateful for times set aside for rest. 
Sperlonga at sunset. ... yeah.. beautiful.
When God created the world... He rested on the 7th day. Sounds like a good model for us! 
In Rome, the leadership has set aside designated weekends as sabbath weekends. 
This past weekend was such a weekend. 

Sperlonga south overlooking the sea.
So I, along with a co-worker, went to a nearby seaside town. We both feel rested by sunshine at the seashore and this weekend was exactly what we needed.  

I don't have a photo of the sandy beach I got to sleep on... probably because I was so rested I did not think of taking any photos. :-) I swam in the sea, and rested with good music on the beach. 

I feel rested... even though I did take in too much sun. Sigh... everyone who knows me knows that I get too much sun at least once a year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment