More About...

Saturday 18 June 2011

Summer Reading

Often thoughts of summer conjour up visions of rest, relaxation, holidays-vacations and in that...time to read. My work here in Italy and in Europe does not in any way stop during the summer months, but the pace does change. 
9 summer project students, one lovely Italian (it was Pia's birthday) and a visiting friend. I made up a pasta dish which the students helped to make, They cut up a ton of fruit for a fruit salad which was delicious...We laughed a LOT!
The 13 lovely people who were here from the US for summer project departed this morning. I am sad to see them go-their passion and tenacity for sharing Christ is powerful...
but their departure also means I get to go to bed before 1pm. :-)

So this morning I began to think about what I might want to read this summer. I have always been a reader. I moved multiple boxes of books over to Europe with me. Many of them I have not yet read. 
So... in all the options...a thought came to me...how about the New Testament? 
I found a reading plan online and hope to follow it. 
The New Testament in 90 days. 
I have never done this. 
I am excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment