More About...

Monday 24 October 2011

on the train

Yesterday I took the train back to Rome from Bologna. I took the slow train because it is cheaper and I could use the down time. About 1 hour before arriving in Rome, a group of American's got on the train and took seats right behind me. 

I love listening to accents to figure out where people are from. This group sounded like West coast. When I stood up.. sure enough, one man had a Portland Timbers hat on!  It was so fun to hear how the team is doing. They described what the games are like. They said the feeling is more european with the waving flags and the way the fans act. They said that the games are always sold out. Soccer has always been my favorite sport. I so hope to be able to go to a game when I get to Portland the next time... of course that depends on which season I am in Portland.

The people in the group all live around NW 23rd. So it was fun to meet them briefly. They had a tour guide who was telling them about a restaurant to try which happens to be right next to a restaurant that many of the Agape staff enjoy... so I put in my two cents.  :-) 

It is just fun sometimes to hear news of culture and life from Portland. 


No comments:

Post a Comment