More About...

Monday 13 February 2012

Interesting Travel Days

Generally when I travel, something entertaining occurs... sometimes funny, sometimes frustrating. Here is today's adventure so far...

It began at 4pm yesterday when the shuttle service I generally use if my flight is before 7am from Rome emailed to say that they could not take me this morning. So I scrambled a bit and found another shuttle service that would take me at 4am this morning. The hesitancy is because of the snow that fell in Rome over the past week.

I got to bed last night around midnight... and fell asleep around 2am... got up at 3am... got the shuttle at 4am. After the plane was de-iced by one of the 3 de-icing machines at the airport, we took off.

We landed in Zuerich (which was covered with snow) and I waited for my next flight that would take me to Amsterdam. I had about 4 hours to wait... Almost enough time to to see friends in the area.. but not quite.

As I waited for the flight we were told the flight was delayed with more information coming in a 1/2 of an hour.

1/2 hour later, we were told that unfortunately, the the flight was cancelled due to a suspicious activity sighting in the Amsterdam airport.

So... I have another 4 hours to wait for the next flight. this is when I thank God that all the flying I have done in the past few years earned me frequest traveler status so I get to use an airport lounge.

1 comment:

  1. Hallelujah for frequent flier perks. Praying for your week. Melanie B.

    ReplyDelete