More About...

Wednesday 7 January 2015

I can do it all myself....


Growing up I, as many women, learned that I needed to take care of myself. 
Out of life circumstance and the society I grew up in, I had no choice. 

My grandfather taught me practical things like how to hammer a nail and use other tools well. 
My mother taught me to take care of my car and fix a toilet that is not flushing.  

I developed courage and confidence to travel alone by car, by train and by plane great distances and in foreign countries. 

I learned how to shoot a gun and how to build a fire.
 I learned how to chop wood and tend a garden.
 I learned how to change a light bulb and how to reset the fuse.

I learned how to cook and sew and clean and organize and ride a bike and care for children.

I learned how to drive a manually transmission-ed car, how to pump my own gas and how to drive in snow, rain and ice. 

I can kill spiders and take out the trash and mow the lawn and open my own doors.... 

Yes.
 I can do it all my myself. 

But is exhausting. 
And when my man does some of these things for me, I feel cherished, valued and respected. 
I am learning to ask for help. I am learning to let go of needing to do everything myself.
Thank you Robert for being a real man.

No comments:

Post a Comment