More About...

Tuesday 11 August 2015

Glorify the Lord with me...

At Mass on Sunday,
 after having ridden 45 miles 
(most of which was the Portland Bridge Pedal), 
with a worn out body. 

I felt raw and open and vulnerable. 
Too spent physically to engage emotionally or mentally. 
Content and happy
nothing between me and what God would show me during mass. 

The responsorial Psalm was from Psalm 34

vv3-4
Oh, magnify the Lord with me, 
and let us exalt his name together! 
I sought the Lord, and he answered me 
and delivered me from all my fears.

I felt tears well up in my eyes. 

I did seek the Lord over my anxieties preceding this bike ride. 
I did ask others to pray for me as I felt anxieties well up within my soul. 

He did answer. 
He did deliver me from my fears. 

I did have a moment toward the end where my lack of ability to get oxygen going up a hill cause me to hyperventilate... but I was not afraid. 

And the whole ride, 
over all the bridges, 
around all the people, 
with the support of my boyfriend 

I made it. I did something I never dreamed I could do. 

Magnify the Lord with me! Let us exalt His name together!

No comments:

Post a Comment