More About...

Sunday 3 September 2006

P-Town

My second week in the states was in Portland. (P-Town) Why do we always try to shorten names?

If I did not get to see you, I am sorry. It was a busy week! I am so blessed to have multitudes of wonderful people in my life and there is no way that one week could contain you all! :-)

Here are some highlights of that week.

Going to Cannon Beach with the girls...well those who could get off work or leave kids for the day. The ocean meets my soul. I love the vastness. I love the mystery. I love the power of the sea as it tosses small and larger items amongst its waves. Ah... yes. I have missed the Pacific ocean this past year!
Here are some of the beautiful women who are my friends:


The Festa Italiana with my dear friend Tori... 2 years in a row... it is a tradition now! :-) I LOVED dancing in the middle of Pioneer Square to the sounds of good Italian music. It did not matter that those Italians live in Columbus Ohio. Nor did it matter that I have been treated to great food and music and wine in Italy this past year. here we are with Erika in front. Erika is from Lithuania. It was a special night to be in downtown P-Town on a warm and clear night with good food, excellant wine, fun music, good friends... sigh...

It was great to be able to surprise my friend Andy for his little birthday celebration. And good for my soul to be in town when dear Sara was also in town. And being able to sit down with Bekah again... the last time was in Kandern. And yeah... I could go on and on... the people who work at church who I still LOVE. The people at MBCS who are dear to my heart.

Seeing most of my extended family. That was really special... even though I was really jet-lagged. I am so blessed to have a family who loves and supports me. On a more sad note... I was not able to see my dear adopted dad... he is this week going in for Chemo to battle the cancer that was recently discovered. It is not life threatening, but it is still difficult to fathom.

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful how God blesses us with the people in our lives? There are days that I'm amazed by who God puts here for me. For nurture, for laughter, for memories, the list goes on. Glad you were able to be "home" for a short visit. I'm with you on the lovin' the Pacific thing too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey friend,
    text me so I have your german #. Love ya, Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was so happy to see you when you were in town. i never like to let go of those who have made an awesome impact on my life. that was so cool to be able to give you that hug!! im happy you got to chill with a lot of your friends. esp. @ the beach! How fun! and the italian festival!
    hope to check what you say in your blog soon and you are always welcome to check mine too. :) God bless you dear friend and sister in Christ. Love always ><>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I missed you while you were in town. I was bummed I couldn't get friday off. oh well. I was there in spirit! I trust you had an absolutely wonderful time, refreshing time, etc. Maybe I'll catch you next time you are in town. hugs!

    ReplyDelete