More About...

Thursday 13 September 2007

New Beginnings... or rather.. Re-beginnings

I am not sure what this is... I am not new to Kandern or the friends here, but I do have a new place to live, a new office space and new friends here.
Here is a photo of the beautiful nature that I have returned to here.

Here is a photo of Jana, new officemate. She and her husband Thad are quickly becoming new friends.. although.. Thad in his extreme sarcasm might deny that...

Here is a different angle of the office space we are in.
my desk is to the right along the wall... Thad's is on the other side of the divider...where you can see the computer monitor.


This is how we all enter the office space... G.Paul started it... way to be a leader!!! :-)

I was privileged to enjoy the local Budenfest... it basically kicks off the fall season... here are some photos... I did not have my camera for the opening so you miss the photos of the older man waving the Baden flag as all in the square sang the Baden anthem. And you miss the photos of the Buergermeister giving the opening speech... I am told it is the same speech every year. And you miss the photos of the children running around with strings of pretzels, like candy necklaces, around their necks... But here is a photo of the most common food stand at any festival...

And here are the locals enjoyed good local food at the wrestling cafe... it is there every Budenfest... good food!

And here is a photo of the dead bird that came down when the man installing my kitchen had to take some insulation from a hole up to the attic... apparently it is not his job to dispose of it... sigh... I'm a girl... I don't want to touch the dead bird!

3 comments:

  1. I like the view!!!! To have that right outside my backyard would be wonderful. Hope you enjoy the bratwust!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY! Thanks for stopping by my website! Yeah, I'm trying to have a polished site... There is always more that I would want to do for it, but I love it! I pray things are going well up in Germany! Hey do you get a Mac like your co-worker? Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that last picture of the dead bird on the insulation was some sort of scrambled egg casserole concoction at first. I was getting all hungry until I read what it was. Then I lost my appetite. I've never tasted insulation with dead birds on top of it but I'll bet it's nasty. Anyway, we're praying for you over here... Have a great day...

    ReplyDelete