More About...

Saturday 8 December 2007

Christmas preparations

Well, it is the season of Advent... the Holiday Season... the Christmas Season. I love how the German's celebrate Advent. It seems that every family have an advent wreath in their home. And every child has an Advent calendar to count down the days. I can not think of a better way to stay focused on the reason for this season that not mark each day of the Advent!

I do not yet have an advent wreath.. and I am about a week behind... but I did decorate a bit for the season. No Christmas tree... because I did not want to haul it up my stairs and then afterwards when it is dried out.. .try to figure out what to do with it. :-) Nothing against trees... just being practical.

i will be spending Christmas here in Kandern. A dear friend will come up from Italy to spend a few days before Christmas. And I will spend some time with different families here in town. It is always strange to celebrate major holidays away from those you have always spent it with. I am simultaneously sad to miss my friends and family in the states and excited to celebrate the season here in Europe with new friends!

Here are some photos of my place decorated for the season. :-)

The formerly blank wall of my living area


view into my kitchen.. love the wooden beams!


My nativity set... in front of a photo of Cannon Beach. :-)


The stairway.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing! Hey, you DID get up some ornaments, I think that excuses the fact that you don't have a tree (sort of)... will miss you this holiday season!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know your not against trees! :) It looks so warm and cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love you and am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete