More About...

Monday 24 January 2011

an amusing day in language class

in my language class we come from a variety of countries and are a variety of ages. Today one girl who is 18 said that her mother is only 3 years older than me.. I about had a heart attack. I don't feel old. And I know that it is physically possible that I could have a child who is 15 now. But for some reason is shocked me and we laughed for a long time in class about it.

then we went to our coffee break (15 minutes to get a cappuccino and something to eat). 

upon returning to class, this same girl offered me some gum. The gum had a very strong minty flavour and she got my attention to show me that she had tears in her eyes from the strength of the flavour. We laughed about that too.

If you don't recall, one of my most favorite things to experience is multiple cultures at once. So class with 3 from Brazil, 1 from Poland, 2 from Libya, 1 from the USA by way of Morroco, 1 from Cyprus and myself... is a wonderfully fun mix and entertaining daily. 

and 
I am learning Italian.
Sto imparando Italiano

1 comment:

  1. absolutely love it!! can't wait to hear more stories!

    ReplyDelete