More About...

Wednesday 5 January 2011

Last day in Portland for awhile

Wow.. the day is finally here. In less than 24 hours I board a plane for DC, and from there to Rome, Italy. I have no planned trips backed to the USA at this point. That feels strange, because I have been back and forth across the Atlantic many times in the past year and a half.

I grateful to the Lord for the time with so many of you. And I am also sad that there was not time with many of you. One of the most challenging things to my heart in being an international missionary is that I only get momentary face to face times with those in the USA who are dear to me.  I miss your weddings.  I miss the first joys when you have a new baby. I miss walking through daily life with you. I miss you!

God is so gracious to put such dear people in my life. Your prayers, your friendship, your giving.. they all remind me that God is providing for me. I feel so unworthy so often. And this reminds me that God gives unmerited favour.

And so, I follow where God calls me to go, holding you dear in my heart and looking forward to when we can meet again face to face.

Pray for me would you? I arrive to Rome Friday morning and will try to stay awake and get  settled a bit in my new room. Saturday will be my first day of Italian language class.

No comments:

Post a Comment