More About...

Saturday 12 February 2011

Church history

I have spent the past week in Florence, Italy with staff from Italy and some friends from Kandern, learning about church history.
It is incredible to have lived and worked in the very places that defining moments in church history have occurred. I find myself so grateful for the people who fought and gave their lives so that that I can read the Bible in my own language and so that I am free to go to an evangelical church. 
I just moved from the country where a majority of battles and arguments between protestants and catholics were held. The effects of the centuries of battle are still obvious today in Germany. 

I am also overwhelmed at the weight of the history that I step into in Rome. 

I am sure I will write more on this in my next Musings. 
Click here if you want to receive my monthly updates: Sign up

No comments:

Post a Comment