More About...

Wednesday 30 May 2012

My flat is feeling more like home

I feel like I often am writing about transition. 
Probably because I am often in transition. 
I am praying that the move to the UK will be a staying place for a long time.
 Transition is wearying. But it continually teaches me to trust the Lord. 
And as I think of that, I am struck again by how the students I work with are in transition. The life has called me to at this point definitely helps me understand the people He has called me to work with. 
In transition there are definite stages. 
I am in the entry stages of learning my new culture. 
My flat is laid out differently than the one in Rome and differently than the two in Kandern, and differently than anywhere else I have lived. 
So I am adjusting, reimagining how to use spaces. The kitchen, living room, bathroom areas are feeling like home... that is progress. :-) Here are some photos. 
 Living space.. I love the green space behind my flat that I get to look at out my living area window
 A corner of my bedroom with the green chair I purchased 7 years ago in Germany at a flea market.
 A view into my bathroom. small but great.
 One side of my kitchen. There is a refrigerator and a freezer!  Praise the Lord! 
The shelves on the right I purchased about 5 years ago in Kandern. That piece has been so useful in different ways in different spaces!
 The other side of the kitchen.. looking over a parking lot then greenery. Pretty good. :-)
in my narrow hallway there was space for this little set up. My internet, one of the first art pieces I painted, a lovely new plant, and the phone you call me on when you call the US number I have. :-) 

The other spaces are coming together slowly.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like a home is being created by a great gal who is learning to live in a new culture. Praying that you connect well with all whom you encounter. Melanie

    ReplyDelete