More About...

Friday 24 January 2014

Day of reFresh

Next Wednesday, I am excited to co-lead a day reFresh retreat. 
It brings my heart delight to help others be free to listen to the Lord. 

I find myself wondering how many people who follow Christ would be comfortable spending a day with Him. 
Would you? 
Would you find it peaceful to intentionally spend a whole day with the Lord? 

  • listen to worship music
  • read your Bible
  • sit in quiet after asking the Lord if He wants to show you something
  • follow a guided meditation
  • walk or run without headphones and see what you hear
  • eat a meal being very conscious of how God provides nourishment for your body.

When I was on staff with Cru, we were given a day with the Lord each month. 
A day out of the noise and battle of ministry to recharge with Jesus. 

Now I get to help others learn how to listen to the Lord and have time with Him to refresh their souls. Oh how blessed am I? 
and how much more do I need those days to keep my eyes on Jesus 
who is the author and perfecter of my faith. 
...and the author and perfecter of your faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment