More About...

Thursday 6 March 2014

Try as I might, I can't make it right

Yesterday I gave myself about 45 mins to get to an Ash Wednesday service in Vancouver, WA. I was departing from a place that in normal conditions would take 13 mins for the trip. 

I thought I had made provisions and I thought I would even be early. 

As I sat in traffic, with no foreseeable out, (1.5hours to go 70 blocks) I began to tear up with the frustration of it all. 

I don't like being late
I don't want my boyfriend to worry about me
I don't want to seem disrespectful to the church or the service

All that time gave me space to think and pray, along with good reminders from my boyfriend to relax and that God still loves me...

I realized that try as I may to make things work last night, the circumstances were out of my hands. I could do nothing to change the rain, wind, traffic. 

Oh to remember, especially in this Lent season, how amazing that God sent His Son to die for our sins. Nothing we could do, would make it right. God had to make it right. 

The service ended at 6:30 and I arrived at 6:15 and was blessed by those 15 mins. 

So grateful for God's grace and sacrifice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment