More About...

Tuesday 1 April 2014

another step in the process

Sometimes this adjustment back to my home culture is harder than it seems it "should" be. 
I arrived back in the USA feeling like a foreigner. 

I have figured out how to: 
  • get a working mobile phone
  • set up my home utilities
  • given up my German driving license (which allowed me to drive anywhere in the EU) for my Oregon driving license
  • drive more slowly on highways
  • drive to the shops
  • buy groceries for more than 2 days
  • tip wait staff
  • get around Portland.. well... somewhat
  • get exercise 
  • change the way I eat since what I ate overseas is the expensive stuff here
etc...

I just today canceled the VOIP phone service I used overseas. Another step in the process of feeling like the USA is "home"
... but in reality... 
Nowhere in this world is my home. My home is Heaven. I long for that kind of home where belonging is easy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment