More About...

Wednesday 23 November 2005

This weekend

well, this is the traditional Thanksgiving weekend for Americans. Here in Germany, the Americans have Thanksgiving celebrations on any day around the week when they can gather with others who want to celebrate. :-) Me? I am gathering with the a couple friends, German/French/American. :-) I am making a couple pies.

Then, Friday morning I will get in a car with my co-worker Riitta (she is Finnish) and we will drive to Salzburg, Austria. We will explore Salzburg on Saturday and go down to Spittal (where I lived before) on Sunday and return to Kandern on Monday.

And next Wednesday I fly to Naples Italy to encourage a team of students working in southern Italy. and then to Rome for the weekend.

yep... I am traveling a lot. hope to post photos when I get back from it all. :-) for now... here is a photo of a stream that runs through town and that I walk by every single day.

6 comments:

  1. Oh it is so beautiful. It looks so peaceful. How wonderful to get to walk by that every day. Thanks for sharing the little things like this with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving dear Friend...I am so glad that you get to do a little traveling...that is what keeps us going in life!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving!! I'm done with my pies, but have jello salad chilling. Enjoy your travels. I like your stream too. :-) We've had clear and cold, fall weather here and I travel over the Clackamas to get Kasie and Nathan to school each day. I love peering at that water each morning with the sun just coming up. God sure has an eye for beauty no matter where He takes us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving Melissa!!! I'm so thankful for you and your friendship over the last several years. I miss you a lot and will be praying for you as you travel. Aloha and take care.

    Love,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. This stream is so gorgeous- and HOW it reminds me of when I lived in Austria. I sure miss that place- VERY PEACEFUL! What a blessing to get to walk there everyday.

    ReplyDelete