More About...

Monday 9 January 2006

Road Trips

Road Trip: a journey via automobile, sometimes unplanned or impromptu

So, my friend Jamie and I departed on Monday the 2nd of January. We planned on driving to through Austria to Slovenia, from Slovenia to the Czech Republic and from CZ to Germany. We were headed first to Kranj, Slovenia to see my friends Joel and Amy who are there with Josiah Venture.

The 5 hour trip to Salzburg, Austria took us 9 hours in bad weather and traffic. We lost a mirror... the driver side mirror... a huge chunk of snow fell from the sky... maybe from a truck.. maybe from a power line.... but yeah....


So... we stayed in Salzburg. :-) It was fun and Salzburg is always beautiful... even in really wet snow.


We made it safely to Slovenia on Tuesday and had a lovely evening with Joel and Amy. Then we traveled to Lublijana, Slovenia on Wednesday to hang out with Johnny Stevens and Christina Stanton who are interns with Josiah Venture and we got to hang out with the Jacksons and the Pattys a bit who are there with Josiah Venture also. Amazing people... all of them. It blessed my heart to hang out with that crew.

Joel and Amy.

Johnny, Me, Christina

We left for Praha, CZ early Thursday morning. And we had a good drive. I was so excited to see my dear friend Bekah and to meet her new friends. We did a ton of sight seeing and got to meet her friends.


Two days in Prague.... Cold... but gorgeous! Everyone of you who have ever fallen in love with this city... can I join the club? :-)

We drove back to Kandern on Sunday and that was the end... of course.... lots of stories along the way... and many good memories.

So good to meet you... Lucy, Nea, Mia, Kristy Patty :-), Will, Chris, Peter, Jeff, Katie, Sebastian, Gloria, Sebastian.
Lovely to see you again Amy, Joel, Christina, Johnny, Terry, Lori, Josh, Kristy, Bekah, Kristin.

10 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good trip Melissa... Sounds like a great time. Glad the Lord brought you all through safely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound wonderful...good to get out and get inspired...but the snow (!), the fun driving, new places, but most of all by FRIENDS! And friends who are in the same business...on this end, it keeps raining, but we are inspired...and look forward to Missions Fest in another two weeks...should be a ton of fun. Miss you Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I made your blog! A Picture even!! It was so much fun to have you here in my little house and walking around with all of my friends. Blessings to you my friend. Im anxious to hear more of what the Lord does in your heart in Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Dass ist unglaublich. Ich habe alles auch gesehen.Ich vermisse dieses lebens und wunsche einmal noch weidersehen. Vieleicht Ich kann dir besuchen! Ich bin froh dass du Amy and Joel besuchen habe. Du bist richtig das Prague sehr shon ist.
    Liebe Dich, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you had so much fun, I can tell just by the wonderful pictures. Isn't it fun to visit old friends and make new ones at the same time? I'm glad that your road trip was a blast and that your soul was refreshed. The Lord new just what you needed. Love you girl! Your in our prayers! And it was fun to see a pic of you Beks together! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Melissa, I have been drawn to read your blog I don't know why, but your trip around Europe looks & sounds fascinating. I'm interested to know more about your work while you are here in Europe.

    You can drop me an email if you like.
    mark-baker@ntlworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deirdre writes:
    Hi Melissa,
    Great to hear you are now officially a member of the "Prague is probably the most amazing place" club! What a wonderland! You even got the photo by the Castle guard, I'm so proud! Did you check out the Irish pub there called "Shea go Varra's"? It's run by a guy who lived up the street from my Mum when they were growing up. When Mum and I were over there he heard our accents and we had free drinks all night!

    Talk to you later,
    D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cold is right! It's still 7 below here!! LOVE YOU GIRL!! Can't wait to see you in March.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the snow. :) That is so great to travel and be with friends. i ma really getting into how great this blog things is at keeping people in touch. This is way better than e-mail. :) lOve yoU mElIsSa.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Melissa,
    Wow! I can't wait to see some of those great people and places in Europe! Amazing. I do appreciate that it is warmer than 7c. here! Sounds like you had a good time with Jamie and all those you got to visit along the way. I do hope it was a blessing to you and others and that it brought you great peace to hear what God is doing in and through others. I am sure there was also challenges and things that rend your heart and am sure that they felt the touch of our Father through you! Love you bunches!
    Ti

    ReplyDelete