More About...

Saturday 31 December 2005

It is the eve of a new year

Wow... in a few more hours it will be 2006... So what did I do on the last day of the year 2005? I went to France with my friend Jamie. :-) We drove up to a castle that was closed for security reasons... not sure what that was about....
And then we went into a great little town below it called Reaubville... and had coffee at a little shop, a chocolate croissant at a Chocolatiere... I am probably butchering the spellings of these french places... Oh... I asked the waitress a the coffee shop if she spoke English... but I asked her in German... good grief!

So, after a bit of touristy time.. cameras flashing... we drove back to Kandern. And we had a lovely dinner... Wow... it is sure more fun to cook when a good friend is here to enjoy it with me! And now a bit of down time before going to play card games with some friends. Then I suppose we will actually attempt to see some of the fireworks that are going off all around. And then to sleep...

I am excited... I have the opportunity to lead worship at the church I am attending tomorrow.. New Year's Day. May God get the glory and may my voice hold strong.

Happy New Year!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Years Melissa!! We love you and think the world of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! We've got about 7.5 hours to go here. Keep enjoying new adventures in 2006!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Melissa! Du bist eine Hubsches madchen. Ich glaube alle deine freundin denkst daselbe. Ich wunsche dir eine Frohliche Neu Jahr. Wir an dir denken!!Tchuss

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 days!!!! Can't wait to see you friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are those fun party favors from last year before the mad dash to the quardened off square? I think I remember those curly things and confetti :) Happy New Year friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. feliz ano nuevo! just a little spanish new year's shout out with love. hope you and jamie are having a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I talked to your mom and Ti the other day - they said it was fun to talk to you and hear all the fireworks going off. I hope you had a wonderful time! I miss you, and it's been great to see pictures and hear your stories! Love and hugs...

    ReplyDelete