More About...

Tuesday 21 March 2006

The pleasure of a good friend

Seriously... one of the most important things about a transition of the magnitude that I am going through is to be connected to good friends. New friends and friends from years gone by. I just want to share about one group of friends that has been a steady source of encouragment during past few months.

So there is this group of girls that I have had the privilege to be a part of for the past 3 or is it 4 years now? I am more grateful every day for the influence that we have each had in each other's lives.

Sara is part of the group... so her coming to Kandern on her way back to Burundi was so special. We got to walk around the little town that I dwell in and just catch up.

Bekah is part of the group... I got to go see her in Prague this past week. So refreshing to just talk and catch up and look at the process that God has us in. I cut her hair and two of her friends' hair.. that was fun.

Kristin is part of the group... and she and I will meet up in Venice Italy this summer after her mission trip to Slovenia. I am so excited to travel with her!...even if it is for a short time.

How privileged and special am I? wow...

and to top it off... I get to go see Rakel Thurman, Allen Jones, Peter and Jen Hibbs and Janice Beeghly as they have an 8 hour layover in London on their way back from Sudan in a couple weeks. London is a short hop and sounds like the perfect way to spend my weekend! :-)

5 comments:

  1. The cool thing about you Melissa is that I not only get to read your blog and see your pictures...once in a while I also find you on other people's blogs!! I am so glad we get to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't friends wonderful? Especially when you haven't seen them in awhile and you get some good quality one-on-one time with them. I'm so glad the Lord is providing you with that. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to be connected with quality, Christian women, even if they are not in the same country or continent as you. God encourages us across miles and miles. Glad you've had friends to ease your transition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey buddy - I haven't checked in in a while but it looks like things are gong real swell! Prague is such a wonderful place! I'm soooo glad that you're encouraged and doing good over there. Like the snow angels!
    Deirdre

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pleasure of friends is truly a gift from God! I hope all your contacts with them prove to be encouraging not only for you, but also for them, as I know our Lord is so capable of doing! Praise the Lord for the Body of Christ!

    ReplyDelete