More About...

Wednesday 19 April 2006

Easter

This year, I spent Easter in the Swiss Alps.

Adrienne and Scott and I, along with 2 SINTers (Erin and Katie) from Rome all packed into Scott's car and drove the 2.5 hours to Grindelwald, Switzerland.
Grindelwald is just past Interlaken

and close to Lauterbrunnen...

two places I have wanted to see for a very long time. It was beautiful. The kind of beauty that elicits a response of awe.

On Easter Sunday we hiked up into the foothills of the Jungfrau region of the Alps. Scott read from Luke 24, then we shared and then we took prayed and then we took communion and then we sang Amazing Grace. It was a really powerful experience. the green valley below and the magnificent mountains surrounding us. And thinking on what Jesus did for us on the cross.

I was struck with something new in the Easter story this year... I was struck with the fact that the women remembered Jesus' words after the Angel reminded them of what He had said about his death, burial and resurrection. Why is it that we so easily forget what God has said? Why did it only take one weekend for Jesus' disciples to forget that He said He would rise again. They went into complete mourning and did not have eager anticipation! I want to live in eager anticipation of what God has promised! He is faithful!

I also noted that the men did not listen to the women who came to tell them about the empty tomb because their words were foolish... silly disciples... :-)

It was a good Easter... even though I did miss my family.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing about your easter! Looks like it was beautiful and rewarding, not only in the scenery you saw but in the heart experiences you had too. I'm so thankful we serve an alive God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the waterfall in Lauterbrunen?? Because if it is, I've been there! Seen that very one. Is it by a hostel? I'm so glad the Lord has given you good friends to spend time with and share special things with. He is so faithful to provide for us whatever we need when we need it. I am constantly amazed by His greatness and that such a holy, powerful God is also interested in every tiny detail of my life...and your too!
    Love ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep... we guys haven't changed a whole lot in 2000 years have we? hehehe... Glad you had a great Easter. Wish I could have been there to see the alps... maybe someday, Lord willing... Have a great day and God bless... Sean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. Wow. Looks like you got to spend Easter with a different side of God's family. Sounds like you were amazed and got to see God in a new light. He is amazing.
    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had so much fun in such a beautiful place. What a great way to celebrate Easter! Makes me miss Europe so much. Thanks for the great pics friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And We missed you too!
    I DO praise the Lord for His EVERYWHERE PRESENCE>>>here and there! He doesn't leave anyone out! That is part of the GOODNESS OF GOD! XOXOXOXO MOM :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHOA! What a beautiful Place to celebrate Easter! Im so happy to see you growing each time you blog my buddy Melissa. Its so awesome to see how God grows each one of us the way He sees fit.
    i love you hun! God bless you too always!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
    »

    ReplyDelete