More About...

Tuesday 4 April 2006

London!!!!

So... On Saturday Adrienne and I set off for London. The plan: to sightsee Saturday and Sunday; Church and hanging with some locals on Sunday night; Meeting up with my dear friends on Monday. And it all happened! :-) We saw things I have only dreamed of being able to see again! Big Ben, Westminster, Trafalger Square, riding the Underground , Buckingham Palace (saw a prince!), changing of the guards (horses and humans).

Seeing London was great and I met some fun people... and hanging with Adrienne is always good. but the highlight was in Paddington Station when I was looking for my dear friends and then I saw them.. Allen, then Janice, then Jen then Peter. Oh what joy filled my heart! I think I actually ran to hug them. Adrienne can tell if I ran or not.. I don't remember... maybe I skipped.. anyway.. hugs all around and then again. We grabbed coffees and breakfasts and got on the tube to do some sight seeing. We had fun and walked a lot and talked a lot and laughed alot. here are some photos... Yes.... then I said goodbye to them and saw them off at the airport hours before my own departure... all in all.. it was a good weekend and well worth the time spent.

7 comments:

  1. Did you really see a prince?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine how much fun that must have been! It apears that the tomfoolery was being supplied in ample quantities (I think Jen needs lessons in how to take turns ;) Being away from good friends is hard, but seeing them again, especially in places you wouldn't expect make it that much sweeter. :)

    I didn't see your mom this weekend, will you give her an electronic hug for me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....so wish I had seen you, but to be honest, by the time I got to London, my 57 year old system had almost shut down and I left the running into town to the "kids"...but I know I will see you at the end of the summer....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's Awesome Melissa... Looks like you all had a blast... Thanks for your comments on my blog too... Murray had mentioned that Erica was your roomate... Small world. Anyway, hope you have an awesome day. It's beautiful over here. Hope it stays that way through the weekend so I can go take more pictures! Have a great day...

    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Nate, I saw you across the crowded room! :-) Did miss my hug!
    Sean, I read your journal from Louisianna! Since Tiana was gone there, I figured I would see your accounts too! Thanks for giving me a lift this last week via your blog! :-)
    My Dearest Daughter, I'm glad you got to see and touch and hug your dear friends! YEAH, my taxes are ready to mail! :-)
    We are doing Mike's birthday this weekend. Christy's is Saturday!
    I LOVE YOU LOTS! MOM XOXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got to hook up with such dear friends - I hope you were encouraged! I hope London was a blast - Trafalgar sq was one of my fav. places. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
    »

    ReplyDelete