More About...

Thursday 8 March 2007

Henri Nouwen

Have you read anything by Henri Nouwen? I appreciate a lot of what he has written. I am reading through a book right now by Charles Ringma called "Dare to Journey with Henri Nouwen."
I am getting many insights from this little book and what I love is that they all point to the Lord. This morning there was a quote from a prayer by Nouwen that said this, "I live as though there were something important to be found outside of You." I was really struck by that. Food for thought and hopefully continuous action.

6 comments:

  1. I've always enjoyed the Henri Nouwen quotes I've seen other authors use. I have read The Wounded Healer, by Nouwen, but nothing else. I look forward to reading more of his work in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nouwen is one of my favorite authors. He wrote In the Name of Jesus, which is one I highly recommend.
    Looks like your travels have gone well. Prayin for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, chickie! yeah, i've read several of his books ... he was definitely my favorite author for a while. you should check out his book "can you drink the cup?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for coming to 1.3. It was really nice to see you. If possible, I would love to go to coffee with you before you leave...

    Take care... Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time I see one of his quotes i think to myself, "I should read some of his stuff!" and then he gets put on my mental list of books I want to read... maybe I'll get to him in the next 5 years... why are there so many awesome authors out there? Anyhow... I'll be ruminating about that quote all day... and thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey melissa...i haven't looked at blogs in a while...it's good to see how you're doing. i'd love to see you sometime when you get a chance. love you

    ReplyDelete