More About...

Tuesday 6 March 2007

My Seattle Trip

So I promised photos and stories of my Seattle time.

I began on Thursday with my cousin Brian and his lovely wife Jen and their cool dog Lenny.
It was SO great to see them and to get to know them better. I am so honored to be friends with my cousins! We toured Seattle, had great pizza, amazing coffee, good laughs and great talks. :-)

On Friday I had the privilege of having lunch with my friends Cindy and Chad and their great boys Andrew and Nicholas. I met Cindy in the summer of 1993 when we went to Alaska together on a mission trip with DELTA Ministries International. When Cindy and Chad got married in 1998, I was honored to be a bridesmaid. And now they are going to work in New Orleans with CRM! And now that I know Chad reads my blog too... HI CHAD!


Friday evening I got to hang out with my dear friend Brian, whom I have not seen for about 6 years. I met Brian the same summer I met Cindy and when I went to Northwestern College in Iowa for a couple years...that is where he was and where I got to know his great family as well. It was so fun to marvel at how God maintains friendships over years and miles!
And I was blessed to stay with my dear friend Tami who has been in my life for about 5 years and she is a treasure in my life. We stayed up way to late and caught up on life. I introduced her to facebook too. sorry Tami... :-)

You know.... what is the most amazing to me is that all these friends are partners with me in the ministry that God has called me to.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing... and thanks for a wonderful evening of conversation - it was delightful! Bonnie and I will continue to be praying for you and trusting God to take care of the big things and the little. Love you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the props. It was great to see you, you are always welcome at our house.

    Chad the stealth reader

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now THAT'S a dog. (I like that dog... he's funny. He makes funny little monkey noises.

    Aunt-of-dog

    ReplyDelete