More About...

Sunday 10 June 2007

I stand amazed!

yesterday I was doing a lesson from my New Testament Survey class.... the professor made a statement to the effect that each of us will remember forever our spiritual parent. He went on to explain that we each know and treasure that person who helped us take that step of faith to trust the Lord with our hearts and lives.

I realized that what I know deep in the very fiber of my being is that Christ, Himself, wooed me.
When I was seven years old and I was roller-skating home from a friends house... Christ called me to himself and showed me that I had not asked Him to be Lord of my life. I was so overwhelmed with the need to respond so I stopped on the sidewalk and asked Jesus into my heart and then completed my trip home. He called me!

When my biological father left, it was God who pulled me into his arms and reminded me that I am His child. I have an amazing Father!!!! He wooed me!

Every step of my life I know that it is God who has called me from one relationship to the next, from one job to the next, from one country to the next.

And I feel almost giddy with the realization again that God has been intimately involved in my life since the moment I was born as he called me to Himself!

5 comments:

  1. It's good that you are following the Leader. I love hearing from you that you are confident in what you are pursuing with the Lord walking beside you hand in hand. Love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi sweet melissa! you know i was reading the lines you wrote when you mentioned your bio father a few times.. and i had remembered you had told me that not to long after i had met you. i didn't come to know God again for almost 20 yrs after my bio dad died when i was 4.. but i know now i am His child too. What a wonderful feeling to be that safe & secure in His arms. He doesn't forget His children!! How sweet it is!! i'll comment again soon or something like that ;) love ya Melissa!! God bless you always too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi melissa, long time no chat, the car is great and I'm travelling all over the place, clocking up far to much millage though. I'm glad you are well and you are still travelling around. Did you ever manage to come over to Oxford after? Mark ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about you today and prayed for you. Just thought I'd tell you.
    ~tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Melissa, I hope and pray your training time in CO goes well.

    ReplyDelete