More About...

Sunday 3 June 2007

On the Road again...

" On the road again
Just can't wait to get on the road again
The life I love is makin' music with my friends
And I can't wait to get on the road again
On the road again
Goin' places that I've never been
Seein' things that I may never see again,
And I can't wait to get on the road again."

This is the song that has been running through my head the past three days as I, and my friend Jenny headed from Portland, Oregon to Ft. Collins, Colorado... via Boise, Idaho and Salt Lake City, Utah.

And then once in a while I would look out the window and this other song would go running through my head... and I would hum... or even sing a few lines....

" Home, home on the range
Where the deer and the antelope play
Where seldom is heard a discouraging word
And the skies are not cloudy all day"

because.. yes... I saw antelope.

I love the vast expanses, and the forested hills, and the majestic mountains, and the winding streams. God is amazing! No one on earth could ever be as much of a creative genius as my God!
So now, here I am in Fort Collins, Colorado. I have a couple days before my training starts...

3 comments:

  1. Have a great time.. We will be praying fo you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You training for the ARMY?!? ;) ok ok i know what your training for. My brother is on base there so that's why i said that crack.. :)
    i love ya lot Melissa!! keep us posted on what your doing & seeing. thank you again for being a BIG part of my walk with the Lord! :) God bless always!

    ReplyDelete