More About...

Tuesday 28 August 2007

Here I Go

Well, I am at the Portland Airport preparing to get on one of the planes that will get me to my final destination of Basel, Switzerland, where I will be picked up by co-worker friends and whisked back to Kandern.

Pat and Rakel and my Mom prayed over me this morning. I love how Pat and Rakel come, pray, give hugs and then give the goer special time with family. They are precious! Thank you guys! I love you!

In the past few days I have said goodbye to many of you... I have tears in my eyes as i think of all the life events I will miss. ... new relationships, engagments, marriages, babies, tragic moments, road trips, new experiences...

Saturday my dear friend Bekah organized a little gathering.. We watched Shakespeare in the Park (Taming of the Shrew) and had a picnic. Thank you to all who came! I did not take photos... shame on me...I am waiting for someone to send me the few that they took. :-) Anybody???

Sunday I got to hang out with a really great church family that is on my team. Columbia Community Bible Church. Real potluck with fried chicken and all.. so great! I am excited that they are on my team.

Sunday night I hung out with some of my extended family... here are some photos t prove it. I love them so much! especially great was having my cousin Kim and her husband and 6 kids there from Michigan! As I drove away, I cried and wiped away the tears... I really love my family.

here are some of them:
My Uncle Bob and Aunt Jan and Cousin Erik with his wonderful wife Doreen and their three kids Jacob, Annalise and Micah... I hope no one is offended by any misspellings....


My Cousin Kim and her husband Dave and their kids, Julia, Gloria, Melody, Grant, Nathan and Elliott... I have always had a ton of love and respect for my cousin Kim. She was an all star in high school and college and she is a great mother to her kids!


My Cousin Ryan and his lovely wife Bethany and their great kids Caleb, Natalie and Jeremiah. and two boys that they are taking care of. :-) I love how they love on kids! and adults. :-)
.

I am blessed indeed.

3 comments:

  1. I went to 8th grade with your cousin-in-law, Doreen. Small world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly, you have a wonderful and godly heritage! I too thank GOD for our family. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had such good times with family before you left! I am sure they enjoyed it just as much as you or more. Those times are precious.

    ReplyDelete