More About...

Sunday 10 February 2008

catching up on life... can you ever really do that?

Well... it has been awhile hasn't it? I returned from meetings, conferences in Spain and a mini holiday in Paris on Wednesday night and I leave on Thursday for a conference in England and from there some meetings in Amsterdam. It feels good to be at home this week. :-)

I went to Barcelona to meet with the group that is designing the next conference for National directors and Priority directors of Agape Europe. The group was made up of Spaniards and Austrians and me. here we are gazing at the sea after lunch. Peter and Maria lead the ministry in Austria and Javier and Gema are directors of Agape Europe.

My brain was so confused as which language to try out. Use my Espanol? use my Deutsch? Use my English? It was a very productive meeting and then I had some time to explore Barcelona. :-) it is beautiful! These photos are from a market on the main street of Barcelona.



from Barcelona I flew to Malaga Spain and traveled south to Nerja for the STINT Midyear. it was a huge blessing to be there to see how the STINTers are growing this year! And a HUGE highlight was seeing the Lithuania STINT team... of course I have not photos to prove it... sorry... Nerja was also a time for the ICS (that is what I am) to gather... it was encouraging to see who God has called over here to share His love with Western Europe. I was able to encourage and be encouraged while I was there!

From Malaga I flew to Paris with my friend Joanna and we met up with my new friend Dawn for 3 days of exploring Paris! I have not been to Paris for 14 years... It was amazing! And one of Joanna's supporters greatly blessed us with taking care of our accomodation costs! It was wonderful to not need to worry about that cost! Here are some photos of Paris...
The view from our hotel room...

part of the skyline...

random cool car on one of the boats along the Seine river... we walked along the river many times...

Some of the vendors along the Seine... granted few were out because it was rather cold and windy... with bits of rain. :-)


And these are my lovely travel companions for Paris...


3 comments:

  1. Ahh...I was in need of a little mini vacation. Thanks for the glimpse of yours to enjoy. Good to hear from you. Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, how dumb am I that the picture of the candy (near the top of this post) about made my cry. I so remember going to the bakery (or however they spell it over there) and getting gobs of those tasty chewy treats. Oh Mel, thanks for sharing your pictures and adventures! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is cool that you got to go to Paris! I was in Paris about 13 years ago myself on a musicians' tour around Europe. It was neat getting to see the sights, especially the Eiffel Tower! Glad you had a nice time.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete