More About...

Tuesday 19 February 2008

the reason for my sad heart

Living overseas I sometimes get news later than I would like to get it. The news I saw last night was that a dear girl who is precious to my heart passed away on Saturday. The last year, she battled cancer. She was young and very vibrant. I would not have met her if God had not brought me over to Western Europe to work with Agape.

I find myself overwhelmed with sorrow and yet joyful in the fact that she is with Jesus in heaven! She is in a place where there is no more sickness and no more sorrow. I am sad for those she left behind. For her mother and brother, the students she taught, the Italians she loved and poured into in Rome… but I pray that when those who knew her, loved her and prayed for her, are sad… that we will all remember the hope to which she was called. A hope that means she is safe in the arms of Jesus

3 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss. There is comfort in knowing she's in Heaven with the Lord. Doesn't make it any easier for those left behind.

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about that. Will be in prayer for you,
    Deirdre

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about your friend. But glad she is now with the Lord.

    ReplyDelete