More About...

Monday 24 March 2008

Connecting

“The deepest urge in every human heart is to be in relationship with someone who absolutely delights in us, someone with resources we lack who has no greater joy than giving to us, someone who respects us enough to require us to use everything we receive for the good of others, and because he has given it to us, knows we have something to give. The longing to connect defines our dignity as human beings and our destiny as image bearers.”—L. Crabb

Just something I cam across this morning as I was reading a book. This really impacted me. How does it impact you? Does it impact you?


5 comments:

  1. Melissa,

    Happy Easter my friend. I completely understand this thought. It impacts me a lot. The concept has has been on my mind a lot lately. I have been struggling with connection and my need for it. It is such a deep need and a craving to my heart. The Lord has blessed me a lot, but I still struggle with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say hi to Shawnda as you see her....guess what, it is snowing here this morning....weird....

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were praying for you Today Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe, this is God's view on our need for relationship? Its interesting that you mention this. I have been thinking a little bit about this relationship thing and we do need this deep and intimate connection, simple said we are made to need and all our needs drive to our deepest need for God himself and to be in perfect relationship with Him like the Father, Son and Holy Spirit share together. Its interesting that we know our need for food based on the fact that we get hungry, and we know our need for water because we get thirsty. How do we know we need this relationship with God? In the garden it was never a question of whether or not we needed this relationship but simply the option to walk away from this relationship. I do think it is God who makes us aware of our own need for Him and through revealing Himself to through His son we get to see more of who He is and we get invited or included into the family of God - the Father and the Spirit. We the bride are included through Christ our husband. Interesting thought about relationship and how we are brought into the most amazing and mysterious relationship that there is. Hmmm many more thoughts but those are a few.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great quote. I think I agree with it, completely.

    How have you been?

    ReplyDelete