More About...

Friday 14 March 2008

Two random things that brought me joy this week

So Tuesday night I was sitting in a restaurant with great ambiance... Candles flickering, people sitting or standing, lights down, a band up front. Worship music, some in German and some in English, was was being beautifully displayed on the screen. I felt the freedom to stand if I wanted to or to sit. I could sing my heart out with my eyes closed to the songs in English.. and even to some of the songs in German. I am loving that I can worship God in another language and it is still from my heart!

"Herr, unendlich viel hast du für mich getan,

von ganzem Herzen bete ich dich an.

Unendlich groß ist deine Herrlichkeit,

unendlich stark ist deiner Liebe Macht."

I had so much joy in my heart that night. And when we sang a song about all nations, tribes and tongues praising God together... I think my tears were a result of the overflow of joy in my heart!

The other thing that brought me much joy this week... Cadbury cream eggs!!!! which I cannot get in Germany. I have not yet tried the Milka cream eggs... which I hear you are supposed to eat with a spoon.. hmmm... And, I do not usually crave chocolate or anything really sweet. But there is something about the Cadbury cream egg that I LOVE!

So... I was thinking that I would not enjoy one this year... but God provided... :-) I was telling a friend in town how much I like Cadbury cream eggs and that night.. another friend (from the UK) gave some to her family! And she.. being so sweet... brought me two of them! TWO!!!! I literally danced with joy!

okay... there you have it.. two very different things that bring me joy. :-)

6 comments:

  1. You've always had a bent to find joy. Not that it's hard to find, but it can so easily get snowed under other junk. I'm not surprised, but very glad, to see that hasn't changed with living in another country!

    And thanks for your comment on my blog! Yes, I write... shocker I know. I've had the idea to do it for some time but never got off the dime. Amy finally got me going when she had nme help set up her blog.

    Now that the dust has settled for us we've been catching up on several people via their blogs, which is very cool. I'll stay tuned in to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and the cadbury eggs are NOT the same here! enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting on my poll, except you DIDN'T VOTE! You're one of the ones I'm counting on to shed some light on this deep question.

    BTW, it's cool to look at the world hit map for my blog and see little German flags pop up next to all the American ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy in God and chocolate. What more do you need? Kidding. I know there's much more. But, I can relate to the chocolate as I sit eating Cadbury milk chocolate Mini Eggs. Yummmy...Happy Sunday!!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't find Cadbury in Germany? Shocking! But I bet they have other yummy chocolates! I was just catching up on all your posts and pictures. So fun! Thanks for sharing so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shadows of what the New Heaven and New Earth will be like...your random things that brought you joy are just that!

    I don't like Cadbury eggs but am so glad someone touched you this way.

    My latest delight was getting away with my growing girl to a bed and breakfast and enjoying Victoria Magazine again (it was gone for a few years and has just come back). The author D.H. Lawrence said, "The human soul needs beauty even more than bread." Now, spiritual bread...I cannot live without and disagree with this statement. But, in the context of having to live in a broken world and only get foretastes of Heaven...I agree with it. Victoria magazine knows how to capture beauty with words and pictures and my spirit is touched.

    ReplyDelete