More About...

Tuesday 17 June 2008

My time in the States

Well, I am back in Germany. Back home. And I am catching up on many things here.. funny how life does not stop in one place when you are in another place...

Here are some photos and special moments from my time in the states...

My dear friend Cheryl got married to Matt Oldham. It was wonderful to be part of that big event in her life!

And she... being such a dear heart and a great friend... after the wedding, told me that she was praying for me because she knows that it is hard to be in a wedding or even go to a wedding when you are single. Wow.. how precious those words were to my heart. Still are to my heart. Cheryl is one of my many amazing girlfriends. And we have all encouraged each other to truly trust the Lord that He has our best match for us. And seeing her and Matt together was such an encouragement to my heart!

I have some great friends in the Portland area. And every time I am back there I thank God for bringing them into my life. Some of my dearest and closest friends are there! I wish I had photos of all of them.. it is hard for me to remember to take photos when I am just enjoying someone's presence. This photo is thanks to my friends who remember to take photos of fun times...
These girls and I... and a couple others were in a small group together for several years before I moved to Europe.

I thoroughly enjoyed the quality time with about 40 different people, speaking in 2 churches, time at my own church, sharing wedding memories with dear ones, the road trip to redmond/prineville, and seeing the changes in Portland... there are 3 lanes now where 205 splits off of 1-5 north! about time!!! :-) I loved meeting fiancees, spouses, new pets, seeing new living spaces, seeing Mount Hood, Mt. St. Helens, Three Sisters, Mt. Jefferson... etc... stunning!

Something I was pondering while I was stateside is how much it means to me when you make an effort see me! All of you who contacted me to say you wanted to spend time with me... THANK YOU! Even though I did not get to see everyone.. not even nearly half it feels like... I am honored to know that you care enough to make an effort. My Aunt and Uncle in Walla Walla, Washington even tried to come down/over! I love you guys!!! thank you for making the effort! I think the hard thing about being in the states is wondering if people miss me enough to want to spend time with me.

And I realized that 2 weeks.. is not enough time to get quality time with even half of you! I guess next time I get to be stateside I need to make sure it happens when I have more time to spend with you all.

Another great thing about the time I was in the states was the surprise God blessed me with in the time at Depoe Bay. I LOVE the ocean... and I have seen some pretty amazing beaches this past year (Spain, Netherlands, Greece, Cyprus) but there is nothing like the Oregon coast line. The ruggedness of the coast in Oregon takes my breath away.


During my days at Depoe Bay I got quality time with my dear friend Tami... AND... I was blessed to know her mother Betsy and her mom's husband Arie. AND... her grandmother-Barbara. God designed a perfect few days to get me rested and refreshed before returning home! Rest, ocean storms, conversations, reading, writing, music, great food, deepening relationships.... my souls sings for joy at the Lord's provision for me!


So thank you all for a great time! Thank you to all of you who made an effort to see me! Thank you to all of you who pray for me! You are all so deeply rooted in myheart!

1 comment:

  1. It was good to hug you and chat briefly. Glad to hear you made it home again. Melanie

    ReplyDelete