More About...

Sunday 1 June 2008

The wedding of a dear friend... and thoughts on that

It was such a huge blessing for me to be able to be in my friend Cheryl's wedding on Saturday. She remembers sitting on a porch with me years ago and telling me that she wanted to be my friend. I remember her forcing me to be real and vulnerable with her through a really hard time in my life. She is a delight and a blessing to me! And the man she married is so perfectly matched with her!

Being part of major life events in the lives of my friends and family is something that I greatly miss and highly treasure. I know I am missing several other weddings this year of people who are extremely close to my heart. I told Cheryl that if i had not been able to be with her on that day, I would have spent a couple hours mourning that loss with tears of joy for her and sorrow for missing the event...in my flat at home. Instead I got to be there in person to cry tears of joy for this union and tears of sorrow that I had to leave again so soon!


Riley and Alli... I held this girls when they were younger and this weekend I got to do their hair for the wedding! Riley was a junior bridesmaid and her sister was a flower girl. they both did a fabulous job!

Brenda... Oh I just love this woman! I love that we could pick up and talk as though no time has passed! She is the mother of the girls above and the wife of Jeff whom I worked with for several years. It blessed my heart to have some time with Brenda!

Allison and Jen, two women who are special in my life. Great for my heart to get this time with them!

I will post more photos when I have them, but for now.. just a couple with my dear friends who I got to be with in the wedding! God is good!

3 comments:

  1. You and our friends are beautiful! :) Oh, how I feel the tears of great joy! Thanks for sharing the pictures.
    Love,
    Ti

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to see these photos! I am glad you are having a joyful time!

    ReplyDelete