More About...

Sunday 7 December 2008

Christmas decorations

Last year I did not get into the mood of decorating for Christmas very much. But this year I am into it a little more. Maybe because my mom is coming. and maybe because I need a creative outlet. But whatever the reason... I am decorating for Christmas.
This first photo is of my front door... A dear friend surprised me by putting this on my door Friday morning! It made my day!

This second photo is what you see when you enter my flat. You are welcome here is what my painting states and then there is the fun Christmas greenery that I got to add underneath for the season.

And I finally got an advent "wreath" put together. I love how advent is so central to the Christmas season here.

And in lieu of a Christmas tree... I am hanging ornaments in other places.. like on the big wooden beams that are in my flat.

And here is a photo of the early snowfall we had in Kandern... and a photo of down town Kandern with the annual winter market.


In other news... my friends Thad and Jana had a baby boy a couple weeks ago. It is delightful to know we have a baby in the Agape Kandern family! Here is when I first got to hold him in the hospital.


3 comments:

  1. Christmas celebrations in other countries is always special....your house looks beautiful!! Glad your Mom gets to come. Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got cought up on your blogg. what a busy lady. We think of you often and pray for you. I put the picture of you and I on my bulliten board by my desk...good times and special memories...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the picture of snow in Kandern. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete