More About...

Wednesday 3 December 2008

Berlin

So the past few months I have been striving to intentionally take time off to be with people I enjoy in an environment where I am not responsible to make everything work smoothly. So this past weekend I went to Berlin to visit some dear friends. This is Lisa and I. She and her husband Kevin and their two children are the kind of people in my life that elicit an unprompted loving response from my heart. They are so precious to me. I met them on my first visit to Kandern in 2004 when God started me on this journey.We asked a man to take our photo and afterward he asked if we wanted just one photo or more. I asked if the one he took was good... he said yes... and that it would be hard to take a bad photo of the two of us... Awwww... that was sweet.

I was also able to reconnect with Ben and Jessye who were STINTing with Athletes in Action in Freiburg last year. It was wonderful to spend time with them! And I got to meet Leah, another STINTer in Berlin with AIA. This is a very diverse team and I loved watching them interact and interacting with them. God is using them to draw athletes to His heart in Berlin!

It was my first time in Berlin. and I was struck by the history there. It was only 19 years ago that the wall came down...
And as the Christmas season has begun we got to enjoy one of several Christmas Markets in Berlin. I LOVE the way Christmas is done over here!
below is the snow tubing run in the middle of one of Berlin's down town areas. 1 euro and 50 cents to get on an inner tube and go down the run... not quite the same as Snow Bunny... but the landing seems safer. :-) My thoughts as I got on the train and checked into my flight and flew back to my area.... I want to go back. Good friends, a fascinating place, seeing God at work. Good times.

4 comments:

  1. hey, girl! love you and wanted to say hi ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THE WAY CHRISTMAS IS DONE OVER THERE TOO!!!!

    I love it so much I apparently need to write it all in caps. :) I have a miniture of that tall windmill thingy in my apartment (brought back from Germany many years ago).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you are taking some time for yourself. It's a much needed thing for getting through life. Love, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your coat! how's that for a shallow comment?

    ReplyDelete