More About...

Thursday 18 December 2008

Some Christmas photos.. one for Tabitha.

So while my mom was here we did a bit of Christmas sightseeing, Christmas partying and Christmas tree getting.

Here are some photos. Why I forget to take photos I do not know!

Common around where I live you can purchase hot mulled wine or an alcohol free version. This warms you from the inside out on the cold days and nights of the Christmas Markets.

And we went to a couple of the Christmas Markets...

Tabitha.. this photo is for you....
Mom made a Christmas fruit tart for our Agape Kandern Christmas party.
The party was lovely with about 50 of the staff and kids from the area. I had agreed to be the MC for the evening... I ended up leading the singing time.. including a traditional German Christmas song.GPaul could play his guitar but his voice was recovering from a cold. A group photo and a photo of Lukas und David. Sons of my friend Sabine. I enjoy the whole family! The boys asked me to go skiing with them the next day... but I had plans already.

And toward the end I was asked to give a toast for the group... as I began, I realized that I have never before given a toast... So... here is to the Lord for bringing us together again this year to celebrate the birth of our Saviour. The reason we are all here in the first place!

And we had a bit of snow while my mom was here.. but it mainly came before and after. She really flew in an out between snows here and in Portland. :-) Amazing!

And.... drumroll please.... I bought a Christmas tree this year... I was not planning on it... but I am glad I did.. my friend Claudia has been telling me since last Christmas that I should get one.. then my friend Maria and others worked on my resistance some more. Sigh.. it is nice.. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love it!!! (Cheese alert) It warms my heart to see pictures like that and here about you enjoying the wonderful German Christmas (especially when it's so freakin cold here)! and I'm so glad you got to enjoy some much needed time with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a nice Christmas tree! And that fruit tart looks very good!! Hope you had a nice blessed Christmas and glad to hear your mom could get over to spend time with you during this special time of year! Hope you have a lovely New Year's!!!

    ReplyDelete