More About...

Wednesday 23 December 2009

Birthdays

I like birthdays. I like that they mean a new life. A day of birth! So many of my friends have had babies this past year. So many birthdays to celebrate!

I like that they give us a time every year to ponder again how God has made us. I like that when you have a birthday I am given an opportunity to stop and thank God for you.

December 2nd is Cheryl and Kendra's birthdays
December 6th is Annie's birthday
December 8th is Beth Ann's birthday
December 11th is my mom's birthday
December 14th is Matt M.'s birthday
December 22nd is Deb's birthday
December 23rd is Christina's birthday
December 24th is Jana's birthday

December 25th is when we celebrate the birth of Jesus who gives us new life! When I was a child we had Happy Birthday Jesus Parties at Christmas. The party was a real party with cake and ice cream and punch and the happy birthday song.

I do not celebrate Christmas with a happy birthday Jesus party cake and ice cream anymore, but I do celebrate the birth day of Jesus. And oh what an amazing reason to celebrate!!!! Jesus Christ came to earth as a baby.

Babies always bring joy to those around. I watch it on planes, in trains, in churches, at grocery stores...everywhere! And Jesus came as a baby... that Joy goes all over!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Jesus, Happy Birthday to you. I love celebrating this day...Hope you have a blessed day. Love you Dad

    ReplyDelete