More About...

Thursday 17 December 2009

sleeping and eating patterns

My sleeping and eating patterns are not easily recognizable as patterns these days.

Sleeping:
Some days I am ready to go to bed.. literally falling asleep in my chair or on my couch by 7pm. Some days I cannot go to sleep until 1am. Some days I am awake from 3 am or 4 am or 5 am until a nap later in the day.

Eating:
Some days I am hungry at normal meal times.. 7am, 12ish, 6pm. Some days I am really really hungry at 10am or 3pm, or 11pm, or... And why when I eat a good meal am I hungry not more than an hour later?

Reasons:
  • Jetlag... The German word for the reason that you are so tired at strange times after crossing several time zones is... Jetlag. I have seen many beautiful sunsets, sunrises, mountains, oceans and cities from the window seat of an airplane the past few months.
  • Finding ministry partners...there is a six to nine hour time zone difference between myself and the people I am trying to contact. This means that sometimes, I am actually trying to get up at 3am. I love the people God brings together on this ministry team!

  • The weather... It is 8am right now. (I have been awake since 5:30am) Outside my balcony window I see a light grey sky. The day is beginning to show itself as day. I love the description in the creation account of day and night. Genesis 1:3-5 "And God said, 'let there be light,' and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. God called the light 'day,' and the darkness He called 'night. And there was evening and there was morning the first day." I LOVE the light. I love the day. This time of year the sun does not show itself very much in this part of the world.

1 comment:

  1. sleeping and eating...have you been in a snowball fight yet?
    are you an avid Volkswalker this winter?
    I love you! Thanks for your vulnerability! HUGS A BUNCH! MOM

    ReplyDelete