More About...

Saturday 31 July 2010

Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

"Give our Lord the benefit of believing that His hand is leading you, and accept the anxiety of feeling yourself in suspense and incomplete."
This quote by Pierre Teilhard de Chardin impacts me in more ways than one. Being in the suspense of not knowing when I will have all my support in so I can move to Italy and feeling incomplete as a single can derail me at times. But the truth that God is in control and that God is leading my every conversation is what keeps me on the right track.

3 comments:

  1. That quote strikes to the heart of the matter, doesn't it? Thanks for sharing it with us-- I just copied it onto the flyleaf of my current journal. I Peter 5:7 comes to mind, too.

    "... God is leading ..." Heard a sermon a few weeks ago at the beach, the point was that God leads us in every circumstance and in every decision we make, if we are His. So we should live boldly for Him, confident that we are where He wants us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completeness for me does not come from being with someone but in the Sacred Safe place I have in my heart and soul where I can always go for calmness, acceptance, love and peace. Anything outside of myself has the potential to fail me or be abusive to me. It has taken me a very long time to learn this. I am still in process. Even being in relationship with someone for 20, although I am grateful is not the reason for my joy for today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are praying for you our dear sister and friend! Shack and Julie

    ReplyDelete