More About...

Monday 20 December 2010

Philemon 6

some thoughts on
Philemon 6
"I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ".

I was reading Philemon the other day and was really struck by this verse. 
I read it in the NIV and when I looked it up on Bible Gateway in the NIV 2010 this was the verse: 

"I pray that your partnership with us in the faith may be effective in deepening your understanding of every good thing we share for the sake of Christ."

hmmm.. well, either way... I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith and I pray that your partnership with me in the faith will lead you to a deeper understanding of every good thing we have in Christ! 

It is true isn't it? 

the more we actively share the hope that we have in Jesus Christ, the more we understand every good thing we have in Christ.
and the more we partner together in sharing this hope, the more deeply we understand how God created us to be in relationship with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment