More About...

Thursday 27 September 2012

A good church

Having followed the Lord's leading to Birmingham, UK, I find that I have the privilege of being part of a neighbourhood church. 
I have found a church where I would be comfortable bringing any new acquaintance along to. 
I am involved in a home group and I am excited to get to know others, to study the word together and to encourage and be encouraged as we seek to follow Jesus. 

Under the Who We Are part of the City Church website, they say this: "We are Christians of all ages and backgrounds who meet together to glorify God by making the good news of Jesus Christ known in Birmingham." 
I love being part of the larger body of Christ as we all want to share the good news of Jesus Christ where we live! 

This past weekend we had a church retreat in Birmingham-hosted at a school up the road from my flat. This photo is of a softball game.. no it is not normal for Brits to play softball but they were being taught how to play by a lovely American family who are here for work. 
I got to explain the game to some other church members. I think I had not seen a softball game for at least 10 years!

It helps me as I work on the European level of Agape, to have such good solid connections on the local level here in Birmingham. I am thankful to the Lord for this provision!

2 comments: