More About...

Monday 3 September 2012

Why are you still single?

Often I am asked this question. 
Not always directly. 
I find it a difficult question to answer because I often ask it of the Lord.

I do not feel called to singleness
I desire to be married
I desire to be a mother
I desire to partner in life
I believe these desires are from the Lord.

As I look back over my journals
I can see how fear kept me from being in some relationships
I can see how my circumstances made it difficult to meet men who love Jesus
I can see how God has continually called me to trust His timing. 

If all I wanted was to get married. 
If that was my main life goal.
I would be married already

But my life goal is to be where and who God has called me to be. 

So I trust that if God has marriage and family as part of that plan...
He will guide me.

No comments:

Post a Comment