More About...

Tuesday 1 October 2013

on leaving and being left

Leaving and Being Left

I have been thinking a lot about leaving and being left.

Going overseas as a missionary meant a lot of leaving people I love. 
Returning from overseas meant a lot of leaving people I love. 

I have left a lot of dear people and this breaks my heart. 
I feel like pieces of my heart are scattered all over the world. 

So here I am back where I came from, mourning the loss of people I have left overseas and longing to reconnect with people here.

I have heard from some dear people here, that they are cautious about getting close to me because I may leave again. 

I understand.

I have been left a lot too. 
It hurts being left. 
It leaves a hole in your heart. 

Leaving and being left is really hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment