More About...

Monday 14 July 2014

Monday, Monday, Monday

From a post on Yahoo:

"The average person will see about 4,040 Mondays in their lifetime. And outside of the few short years before you start school and the time you spend on vacation, or retired, Mondays are the most hated days on the planet. Of course, if you love your job, this doesn't have to be the case, but unfortunately, a sizable chunk of the workforce does in fact, hate their job. This simple truth has given rise to a plethora of Monday songs, most of which speak negatively about the day."

The author then goes on to list the top 10 Mondays are bad songs. 

As a reFresh team, we have committed to taking 1 day a week, 1 week/weekend a month and 1 month a year to be reFreshed in order to minister more fully the rest of the time. You can read more about it here: http://mysoulrefresh.com/

So, Mondays are the days I have been trying to set aside each week. I don't dread Mondays. I look forward to extended times with the Lord, I look forward to rest. And as the year goes on, I am discovering that no Monday looks alike. As I begin the day giving it to the Lord and committing to follow where He leads, it is an adventure. Sometimes with tears, but always with a deepening rest for my soul. As the day unfolds, I call whomever comes to mind and I have been so blessed to see how God is leading me. 

So today is Monday and I am looking at what the day could hold. 

Do you take a day/half a day/an hour even? To intentionally settle your heart before the Lord and rest in Him, to be with Him? If you want help knowing how to do this, please ask me or look at our reFresh site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment