More About...

Tuesday 17 May 2016

life just keeps ticking by....

From time to time, I stop and realize that time is just marching on. 

I am not standing still as it marches, I am falling in line.

But
      I find myself wanting to change the course,
            or the scenery
                 or at the very least my intentionality in the "march".

Even the word "march" does not sit well with my soul. 
I have learned that to truly live, 
I need to learn to truly rest.
And
I am in a continuous learning journey...

 This world clamors for success, striving, performance, and getting more done in less time.

I hear these words of the Lord, they resonate in my soul:

"Cease striving and know that I am God." 

 “Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”

No comments:

Post a Comment