More About...

Sunday 3 July 2005

Grace

I have been thinking a lot about grace and forgiveness... there is a lot of power when those are extended to someone who has sinned against us.

What is our immediate reaction when someone has wronged us.. or when we feel that we have been wronged? What would happen if our first response was an offering of grace? Isn't that what God extends to us every moment of our lives? And if we are to be followers of Christ... shouldn't we also extend grace? What is the pain we feel when we have been wronged.. compared to the pain that it must be to God when we even think a wrong thing?

I am not saying that we should not be pained by sin... sin causes pain. But I wonder if that pain could be carried to the cross, laid at the feet of the One who died for sins and grace offered instead of revenge or hatred or bitterness. "Twas grace that taught my heart to fear... and grace my fears relieved... how precious did that grace appear.. the hour I first believed."

May that grace always appear precious to me. It really is amazing... grace is undeserved... it would not be grace if it was deserved.

2 comments:

  1. I feel special when people respond to my blogs.. so here you go friend! On the topic of grace, I appreciate and am challenged by your thoughts. I have experienced extreme grace in my life (due to my own stupidity and sin-nature) and am ever grateful to God for pulling me back. I hope to extend the same to people around me(although way more flawed and self-serving probably).

    I hope you had a smashing time in California. Andy, Tabitha, Kristin and I had a blast with the multi-ethnic population at Blue Lake Park... and it only took an hour and a half to get from our parking spot to home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...needed to hear that! Thanks for blogging your heart :)

    ReplyDelete