More About...

Tuesday 9 August 2005

I've been Tagged....

So, my friend Tre came into work today and asked me if I saw that I had been "tagged" on his blog.. "no..." I replied... "what are you talking about?" So he proceeded to explain to me what it was all about.. His friend Hutch.. who I don't know.. tagged Tre.. for a book meme.. yeah.. not sure what that means either... anyway... it is kind of cool.. so I am complying. :-) What it means is that I answer some questions about books I am reading or have read and then I "tag" others at the end....

hmm.. sounds suspiciously like a chain letter.. only it is a chain blog.. wait.. back to the point at hand.

So.. to the questions:

Number of Books I own: I am not sure.. who besides Tre actually counts all their books? I know that I have 4 medium sized boxes of books packed to ship to Germany. And I have two more boxes that I am leaving here. And another 2 boxes worth that I put on a book shelf in my temporary bedroom at my mom's place...

Last Book I Read: J.I. Packer's- Knowing God. I read it during lunch today. No.. not the whole thing... It is the book that my girl's group is going through... incidentally... we are called Leafy... long story... but it really fits. :-)

Five Books that Mean a Lot to Me: 1. Bible 2. Fern-seed and Elephants-C.S. Lewis... a collection of his essays on Christianity. 3. Strong Women Soft Hearts-the first book that Leafy went through.. good stuff. 4. Tales of the Kingdom by David and Karen Mains. 5. Tales of Resistance by David and Karen Mains.

4 and 5 were books that my brothers and I got when we were in our pre-teen ages.. and they still mean a LOT to me. :-)

Okay. now to tag 5 other people.

Bekah Tucker-my amazing friend who is in prague as I type...

Alison Gentry- cause she keeps up on her blog and would have some great stuff to say...

Lisa Russell-a missionary to Venezuela... has a heart bigger than the whole country...figuratively speaking of course...

Ian Durias.. cause he would also have some great answers...

and the 5th person I know with a blog... Aimee B. She has a really great blog... lots of pictures about her knitting. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Good job!

    (Oh, and Chris Layton tagged Ian also, and Ian tagged Allison and Brandon. Oh what a wicked web we weave...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'm done. And by the way, Tre looks so much like a friend of mine in Seattle, Robert. Weird!

    ReplyDelete