More About...

Tuesday 30 May 2006

A day in the Park


On Sunday, a group of us went up Europa Park. Think Disneyland.. only exchange Mickey Mouse for Chuck E. Cheese and Space Mountain for Euro Sat. It was really fun.. actually. It rained in the morning and we all got soaked.. and then it cleared up in the afternoon and we all got dried off. :-) I LOVE ROLLER COASTERS!!!!! this photo was at the end of a water roller coaster.. yes...even after we dried off we voluntarily got wet again.

My friends.. those of you who have been to a theme park with me in the past... know that I usually do not put my hands up on roller coasters.. I hold on with all my might and sometimes close my eyes... I do love the thrill even if I can't see. :-) But Sunday... it seemed to be a personal goal of Ross' to get me to lift up my arms when we would go down the really steep parts fo the rides. It took a bit of coaxing...but I did it.. I do not think I am ever going back. :-)

and here we are at the end of the ride... does it look like splash mountain to you? cause it reminded me of that too... At one point in the day I wondered if the Europeans go to Disneyland and think that Disney got their ideas from Europa Park... only thing is... Europa opened the year I was born... and Disneyland is much older! :-)


yep. it was fun. good people. good times.

Oh.. and while we were there.. Adrienne and I got our photo taken in front of the Shakespeare Globe Theatre... since we didn't do that in London...

6 comments:

  1. What wonderful people you have there! It is so good to hear of your adventures. I hope your birthday was wonderful! I was thinking of you and praying for you - wish I'd had a chance to send off a birthday e-mail. Love you friend, and hope you are having a wonderful day today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man Melissa!!! LUCKY!!!!!
    how sweet of a trip!!!
    im so happy your spreading your happiness throughout Europe. when people see my buddy Melissa they will see Jesus at His finest having fun!
    may God just keep on blessing you sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to Eruopa park! The roller costers there ARE awesome. There was one show that had roller skaters...were they still there? It reminded me of Xanadu (sp?). I enjoy reading about all the experiences you are having. What a privilige to serve the Lord! Love you friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Europa Park! It rained while I was there too. But you look smarter in your pics than I was...I wore a white t-shirt! Yikes! Know that I'm praying for you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2006 is long ago and Europapark has made a lot of improvements. You should visit it again. Instead of “A day in the park” you then will write “A holiday in the park”. :-)

    ReplyDelete