More About...

Saturday 20 May 2006

it has been awhile

I keep meaning to post... but I just can't seem to find the words to put down here. Bekah was here and it was so great to see her. When I took her to the airport and said goodbye it felt like a shock that she was leaving. I was somehow not prepared for that. strange.

It was special to be able to go to Karin's wedding in Switzerland. I understood some of what the pastor was saying. It was about love. go figure. :-)

we met Karin when she came to the states in 2003 for a few months. She has become a dear friend and I treasure that I could be at her wedding to Stefan. I am excited for you two!!!!

Speaking of weddings. I am missing my friend Jamie's wedding today. It is strange.... this is a major life event of a dear friend that I am not able to be a part of. I have alternately shed tears, prayed for them and smiled thinking about them today. Jamie and Mikey... may you fall more in love with the Lord as you fall more in love with each other!


This past week I was in the UK for a conference. I met many amazing women but one in particular was special. Karen is the wife of one of the Atheletes in Action staff in Northern Ireland. Yes... Dierdre... Northern Ireland... loved the accent. :-) Want to hear how God did this? :-) we arrived at the airport an hour apart and when I met her, I felt that God was saying.. you need to know her. Then we got put in rooms next to each other, picked each other's names as secret angels for the conference and were put in the same small group too. We share some similar life experiences but more than that.. she has a sweet spirit and I love that I found another new friend!

The Lord used this conference to refresh my soul and I am SO grateful!

Well... I will have another birthday on Tuesday. Strange to not have Bekah or Tiana here to plan a big party for me. :-) I appreciate you guys!!!! :-)

okay, I think I will stop now. I should go to bed.

11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Melissa!!! Hope your day is really special. God bless...

    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HAPPY BIRHTDAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    Ok. my fingers are tired. But I wanted to send a BIG happy birthday to you because you are amazing! :) May you feel the unfailing love of our Father surrounding you and His Spirit living with in you for the confidence you need to continue on!
    I miss you and am celebrating with you on my first day back at work at the Forest Service. As we plant trees I will be reminded of the words of truth you have planted in me and that God has grown. May you continue to be a tree planted by the living waters and may you reflect His glory each moment. Love you!
    Ti

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a beautiful masterpiece my dear!! i also really like your scarf :) Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, Melissa! It is so amazing to see how God provides for our needs - big and small - and leads us to places where he provides encouragement for us. I hope your Birthday is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss you friend. I hope you have a really good birthday today! My brother is also celebrating his 23rd today too! It's hard not to think of you when it's his birthday.

    I'm so glad that God touched you during the conference, and that you were able to connect with a lady just as amazing as you.

    We just had our boy Isaac on Thursday. He's 10 pounds 11oz and is 24" long. Please be praying for him, he's still in the nursery at the hospital until his lungs are clear of fluid and are strong. God has blessed us so much with him. We are so touched by this little big guy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday sweet girl. Bless you bless you. You are right where you are suppose to be, aren't you!?. Love and prayers coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh c'mon... my birthday text was TOTALLY better than sitting around a table of 12 of your best friends in the world, this time a couple years ago...

    Hope you had new people to spoil you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday....a little late...Luke Nelson got married this last Sunday and this Sunday it is Matt Wolf's turn as he marries Jenae (spelling?) Meier...and then of course our own Annie Allen will marry in August...now you know!

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy belated birthday to you sweetie!! you are indeed one of the most beautiful people God has made for me to know on earth. i love you very much!! ><> thank you for updating your blog silly! im finally getting mine down good.
    check in with you soon. love you again & forever!! <>< xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
    »

    ReplyDelete